Toronto Road Trip
Kayla, Lura and I are about to embark on a grand adventure to Toronto. Oh Canada! I have my Canadian tuxedo on just for you.
Did you know?
- Toronto's Yonge Street is the longest street in the WHOLE WORLD. (Which is actually a lie spread by the Guiness Book of World Records. Hwy 11 (1,178 mi) isn't the same as Yonge street (36 mi).)
- Toronto is the safest North American city. (78.4 violent crimes last year! Come now Chicago...)
- It's projected that by 2020 Toronto will have the most condominium highrises in the world.
- Toronto has the largest population of Italians outside of Italy.
- Toronto is rank 4th best quality of life out of all cities in the world.
- Over 140 dialects are spoken in Toronto. And though French is one of Canada's official languages it is the 12th most spoken in this city.
Here's where I want to go:
- Kensington Market - vintage shops
- Sunday Antique Market at St. Lawrence Market -also food.
- She Said Boom! used books and vinyl
- Brookfeild Place- 181 Bay St, Toronto, ON M5J 2T3 the Allen Lambert Galleria is a dramatic atrium designed by famed Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. The atrium, which connects Bay Street with Heritage Square, is six stories tall and supported by eight freestanding beams.
- Bakerbots- crazy good looking icecream sandwich. #9 bakeries in the WORLD you have to visit before you get obese and DIE. (According the buzzfeed. But still yes.)
- bangbang ice cream – 93 Ossington Ave, Toronto, ON M6J 2Z4, Canada. massive ice cream sandwiches between two giant cookies! if you have the appetite of a normal human, the half-size is still a challenge. get there early because it is RAMMED in the summer.
- Butter tarts - get ones with raisins in them
- Shoe Museum http://www.batashoemuseum.com/ 327 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M5S 1W7,
- De La Salle Castle- 131 Farnham Ave, Toronto, ON M4V 1H7 Anne of Green Gables was filmed here. Says it’s walking distance from downtown.
- Guild Inn- 201 Guildwood Pkwy, Scarborough, ON M1E 1P5 Creepy and abandoned, but with a cool garden arch!
- Scarborough Bluffs- Scarborough, ON M1N 3Z5, On the outside of toronto, cliffs and water
- Tews Falls- Harvest Rd, Dundas, ON L9H 5K7, Canada on the way home we could see some pretty fantastic falls and be in the sunlight.